Audi A4 Change Tail Light Bulb
The Audi A4 is a popular luxury vehicle first produced in. At first glance, replacing the taillights of an Audi A4 can look like a daunting task since it is slightly different from other cars and made to look almost invisible. Replacing the taillight bulbs of the 2001 Audi A4 is a simple task that can be done in a half hour or less. The brake light bulbs necessary for the 2001 Audi A4 are number 7528.
Phillips head screwdriver
New light bulbs number 7528
Change Tail Light Bulb
- Make sure your A4's engine is off and the lights are in the "Off" position. Open the trunk of the vehicle.
- Remove the circular cover located in the trunk behind the taillight with a small flat head screwdriver. Behind this cover is a screw.
- Use the Phillips head screwdriver to remove the screw. Turn the screwdriver count clockwise to remove it.
- Pull out the right side of the taillight assembly for the left taillight and the left side of the taillight assembly for the right taillight to remove the socket assembly of the taillights.
- Loosen two clips located on the sides of the assembly. Remove the light bulb assembly from the socket assembly.
- Pull the light bulb from its socket and replace it with a new light bulb.
- Replace the light bulb assembly and re-fasten the two clips. Push the socket assembly back into place until it is secure.
- Use the screwdriver to replace the screw removed in Step 3 by turning clockwise until secure. Replace the circular cover by pushing it into place. Close the trunk.
Tips & Warnings
- Be careful not to drop the screw removed in Step 3 into the body of the vehicle or you will have to remove the trunk lining to retrieve it.