Navigate up to...
DIY Engine Compression Test!!!
Spent 45 min performing compression test with $25 compressiont tester today. Make sure to perform test when car is warm.
2002 WRX with 90k miles
Mods: VF34 @ 19psi protuned 282whp/272wtq
JDM STI TMIC
Maddad v2 DP & whisper catback
One step colder NGK platinum plugs
Stock intake with K&N panel filter
German castrol oil
1. Remove stock intake box, etc:
2. Remove 12mm bolt in order to remove coil pack from each cylinder:
3. Remove spark plugs using 5/8" long socket with an extension
4. Coil pack and spark plugs removed:
5. Pull ignition and fuel pump fuse
- Fuse remover is located next to battery:
6. Connect compression tester into each cylinder:
7. Now it's time to crank the engine with FULL wide open throttle. Crank the engine 6 times.
8. Repeat the test for each cylinder and pray numbers come out good: